Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Daily musings

Today I had some free time and walked out to the lake on the far eastern end of our campus. I'm not the first nor will I be the last to muse about our peaceful natural setting and its ability to transport one to a different plane than is the norm. Life seems fleeting staring out at a vast expanse that appears unending, and it can be liberating to realize this.

Now I am sitting in the library where students are working on various assignments and checking e-mail. For some reason, my eyes are wandering over to the note on my Diet Code Red bottle that says "For Best Taste Drink by Date on Bottle." Maybe none of this is that big a deal or maybe I'm just hopped up on Code Red.

1 comment:

Steph said...

This time of Senior year really brings out the existential in us....so I'm dying to read your thoughts on the Colbert bit at the Correspondents Dinner. Congratulations on nearing the end!