Monday, May 03, 2004

And the Favorite Person of the Week Award goes to...



This Man. The washed up rockstar character of Billy Mack (Bill Nighy), in the film Love Actually. He has some especially hilarious and character-perfect lines in the movie, such as,

Billy Mack: Kids, this is a message from your Uncle Billy. Don't buy drugs. Wait until you're a rock star, and they give you them for free.

Dec: So Billy, I believe you've brought a prize for one lucky viewer.
Billy Mack: Yes, Ant or Dec. I've got this fabulous, personalized felt pen.

Mikey, DJ interviewer: What's the best shag you've ever had?
Billy Mack: Britney Spears. No, only kidding, she was rubbish

Billy Mack: And as much as it grieves me to say it, it might be that the people I love is, in fact, you.
[Pause]
Joe: Well, this is a surprise. Ten minutes at Elton John's and you're as gay as a maypole.

And of course, Hugh Grant must be mentioned, because, well, no explanation is needed here, I mean really now.



His quotes:
The Prime Minister: Who do you have to screw around here to get a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit?

[The Prime Minister is knocking on doors to find Natalie]
Old Lady: Aren't you the Prime Minister?
The Prime Minister: Yes, in fact, I am. Merry Christmas. Part of the service, now. Trying to get round to everyone by New Year.

I like this quote from a movie reviewer about the movie:
"Love Actually is like a romantic comedy for people with ADD. The film requires little thought, it passes quickly, and one will be smiling the entire way through."
He definitely has me pegged.

And with all of the pictures I post on my blog, I feel as if it is a weblog for people with ADD, the Love Actually equivalent of the internet

No comments: