Saturday, June 26, 2004

Yesterday, I canvassed in Burbank, Illinois, and I visited one house. The woman who answered the door, to my delight, was wearing a Cubs t-shirt. This being the day of the Cubs-White Sox crosstown special, I assumed she was an enthusiastic Cubs fan. I figured that was already a good sign and started to give my rap about being from the Democratic National Committee, etc, etc. The woman immediately informed me that she was a registered Republican, and then, as I was thanking her for her time and preparing to depart from her stoop, I noticed that under the "Cubs" written on her t-shirt was the word "suck." Now that is neither correct nor necessary. I don't like White Sox fans who are so vehmently anti-Cubs, and when they're Republicans, well, what an unfortunate combination.

No comments: