- "I've eaten so much today."
- "I didn't go to the gym today. With what I'm eating now, I better go tomorrow."
- Any general account of one's gym schedule (I don't care!)
- How the no fat salad dressing really isn't that bad (pshaw)
- "I just can't eat [fill in the blank]" referring to something that I am eating (usually something "adventerous" or not particularly healthy). Guess what, no one's making you eat it, so let me eat it in peace!
- An oral food diary (again, I don't care what you ate today!)
- "I need to lose weight"
- "[Fill in the blank] is so skinny." or "[Fill in the blank] has so much self-control."
This list could of course go on and on, but my fundamental issue is that I want to eat in peace. Women are socilialized in our society to think it is bad to eat, and that is truly unhealthy. Women of America, unite against this conventional wisdom, and let yourself eat to enjoy food rather than to fear it. Or at least don't drag me into your sprial of food obsession!