Monday, December 05, 2005

Meet My Friends Week 2: Joy

Week two of Meet My Friends features another one of my illustrious roommates, Joy Piazza. Joy is a journalism major at Northwestern concentrating in broadcast journalism. She hopes to be a television news producer after college. Heeeere's my interview with Joy:

Q. What's your favorite movie?

Annie Hall, When Harry Met Sally, Saturday Night Fever, The Empire Strikes Back, I feel like Pride and Prejudice is always done really well. The new one is fantastic, it blew me away. Oh Anchorman; that's a given due to my profession. I think that's it.

Q. What's your favorite food?
That's like asking me what my favorite child is. I'll have to go with pasta.

Q. Any particular dish of pasta?
I love what my mom makes. Her baked ziti is good. Her sauce and her meatballs are pretty much the highlight of the pasta experience.

Q. What is your favorite spice?
I'm going to say salt, because you can make any food better with a little salt.

Q. What is the coolest thing you ever cooked yourself?

my mom's quick sauce: whole tomatoes with basil and olive oil and onions. It was a knockout.

Q. Least favorite food?
Broccoli, definitely broccoli. I hate the smell, I hate the texture.

Q. There's a smell?
Oh, it smells awful! We used to have it an high school; I remember they would take the broccoli and they would put it out on the tables, and I remember wherever I was sitting, I could smell it; it made me gag.

Q. What do you clean immediately?
My desk area, and my bed sometimes, but I never make my bed, because my theory is, why make your bed if you're going to lay in it later that night?

Q. What do you wait to clean?
Probably the bathroom, like the toilet and stuff.

Q. Do you like this interview so far?

You're doing really well, I have to say, you're very professional.

Q. Are you just saying that because you told me you were going to say that before?
No, I mean it.

Q. What appliance would you buy if you could afford it?
Big screen, plasma TV, with a surround sound setting.

Q. Ok, kitchen appliance too?
One of those old espresso makers, like the bronze ones. Every Italian has to have on in their house.

Q. Which male celebrity is most attractive to you?
Oooh, Hugh Jackman. I don't like these new guys, I think they're too immature, too pretty boy. Give me a nice, swarthy, dark-haired man.

Q. What is your opinion on George Clooney?
He's good looking; definitely. I'd do him.

Q. Should I leave that out or put that in?
Put it in!

Q. Do you remember a moment when you laughed so hard you cried?
I've had so many.

Q. That's very good. That probably makes you feel happy.

I always try to make it a goal to laugh every day. When I talk to my friends, we reminisce about old things. We do our Dana Carvey impressions, and I go nuts. I laugh so hard I cry. Joe makes me laugh really hard sometimes, well all of the time. My parents have a very crazy sense of humor like me. There's this trip I took when I was a junior in high school. I basically laughed for the whole two weeks. We were eating different types of food, and we were being hit on by swarthy Spanish men, and it was very funny. We had a lot of inside jokes from that whole trip.

Q. What song, no matter how much you play it, will you never get sick of?
Anything off of Billy Joel's Songs in the Attic album. 'Brian Wilson' by Barenaked Ladies. 'Sexual Healing' by Marvin Gaye. And anything off the Isley Brothers 3+3 album. I can't narrow it down. Oh, and you know what: you might as well throw in Herbie Hancock--just in general, Herbie Hancock.

Q. And finally, who do you think would be a winning Republican candidate in 2008?
Either McCain or Giuliani because, I feel like they have reasonable, logical views on things that the mainstream of the Republicans don't have, and they resonate with people who are moderates like me and others.

Q. What about a winning Democratic candidate?
I think Obama would; I mean people say he's too young and he's not experienced enough, but he's really the only one I see who could kind of span the party line, and he's a good guy too, and that's what I look for in a candidate.

Q. Obama versus Giuliani?
Whew! That'd be a close race, my friend, a close race!

No comments: