Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Holidays to All!

As another year comes to a close, having passed by even faster than the last, I just wanted to stop and thank everyone who has been a part of my life in 2005, either through my blog or just in general.

First, to everyone who reads this blog and especially to those who make their presence known here at "Who am I, Why am I here?" by posting your thoughts. Even if I heartily disagree with what you say--and I have probably made that too obvious through my responses--the fact that you are interested enough to comment is gratifying.

To friends and family--from those I see every day to those who I see only on vacations--I hope you are having happy holidays wherever you are. As we all disperse across the country (and the globe, for a few of us!) I've thoroughly enjoyed keeping in touch with so many of you and appreciate the updates you have given me on your lives. Especially to those of you who won't be coming to Chicago for winter break, I will be thinking about past winter breaks to make up for your absence. To those I see often--naturally you know who you are--I appreciate the meaningful relationships, some of which have truly grown this past year. I also am grateful for the laughs which I have with so many of you. I really know some funny, interesting people, and I am really lucky to know all of the people I do.

Especially to my family, thanks for all of the love, jokes, and encouragement. We may laughingly invoke the saying, "you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family," but I would have chosen you all anyway.

Have a happy, safe, relaxing, and enjoyable holiday season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, Elaine ~ thanks so much!

love,
mom