Sunday, May 08, 2005

Paris me manque

Last night I went to a fundraiser event put on by a Northwestern group and then to an apartment party, basically the quintessential night at NU, and the whole thing made me realize how much I miss leading a life of excitement, or at least more excitement, the life I had when I was in Paris. I really wish I could have stayed there the whole year, because college life just ain't what it used to be. There was a time when it was all fun, but lately things seem to have gotten old, especially since I don' t live in a cool city (which admittedly was something I specifically didn't go for when deciding to come here for school). It was also nice to live somewhere where nightlife didn't revolve around drinking. Sure, I'm idealizing and senteminatlizing my time spent in Paris, but even when I was there, I wasn't especially exicted about coming back here. So here's to Paris and to exciting abroad life in general (though admittedly I did a lot of schoolwork there too, it wasn't all fun and games), and here's hoping I will be back someday soon.

No comments: