Sunday, October 30, 2005

Tres Bizarre

I finally read the full text of the letter that Lewis Libby wrote to Judy Miller giving her a personal waiver to testify in front of the grand jury (as she seemed to require). The letter is the most bizarre text ever, by the way:
"As noted above, my lawyer confirmed my waiver to other reporters in just the way he did with your lawyer. Why? Because as I am sure will not be news to you, the public report of every other reporter's testimony makes clear that they did not discuss Ms. Plame's name or identity with me, or knew about her before our call....

"You went to jail in the summer. It is fall now. You will have stories to cover -- Iraqi elections and suicide bombers, biological threats, bird flu and the Iranian nuclear program. Out West, where you vacation, the aspens will already be turning. They turn in clusters, because their roots connect them. Come back to work—-and life. Until then, you will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

"With admiration, Scooter Libby."
These two were either having an affair, communicating in code, or just gone crazy from too many years doing what they've been doing.

No comments: