Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Flyin down the street [not] in a trance

I know how it feels to have wings on your heels.
And to fly, and to fly, and to fly down the street in a trance.
In a trance, in a trance, in a trance.
Fly down the street on a chance that you'll meet.
And you'll meet, not ready by chance.

-"Hello Young Lovers," from The King and I (best version: The Temptations)

I have always liked those lyrics. The repetition of the phrase "in a trance" is especially interesting. When I think about the times I have been held in a trance because of "love" or just for a myriad of other reasons,a few words or images from the subject that I am consumed with recur and recur. I actually sort of like the feeling, and in fact the most interesting times in my life have been when I am in a lasting trance about something. Unfortuantely, they also tend to be the more emotional, unproductive (unproductive related to school, that is), and unfocused times. Still, right now I have nothing to be in a trance about, and life is pretty damn dull as a result.



31.25 %

My weblog owns 31.25 % of me.
Does your weblog own you?

No comments: