Monday, March 08, 2004

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory



Last night Erica and I realized what a phenomenally good idea it would be to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory while high (or drunk). I know that this is done with other movies like Pink Floyd Wizard of Oz and Tommy by the Who (am I right about that one...because that is a freaky movie!), but I actually have heard surprisingly little about experiences with Willy Wonka while substanced up.

P.S. My song of the moment is "Pure Imagination" from, what else, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the version by the Smoking Popes.

Also, I know that Willy Wonka scares the hell out of some people, but I sort of grew up on it. I remember watching it at my grandparents' house when I was a youth. I think all of the weird/cool movies that I watched as a child explain a lot. How many children have seen every Fred Astaire movie by age 10? and just about every Oscars and Hammerstein (Correction: Rodgers and Hammerstein) musical? I don't know, maybe I'm not the only one.

Come with me and we'll be in a world of pure imagination
Take a look
And you'll see
Into your imagination


We'll begin with a spin
Traveling in a world of my creation
What you'll see will defy explanation

No comments: