Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Jai Rodriguez is grand as is Metro-sexuality

If I were ever to be anti-gay, for any reason, I would be anti-gay because it is the persuasion of the incredibly cute Jai Rodriguez, the culture adviser and one of the "Fab Five" on the break out hit "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy," because as great as he is, it would be all the more peachy if he was a straight man.

(far right with some lucky girls who I do not know)

I did not have the pleasure of watching this brilliant show until just recently even though I heard about it all summer at the height of a metro-sexual craze that swept the nation. You see, we do not have cable television in my place of origin (i.e. home), so hence no Bravo and hence no "Queer Eye." Then school starts, enter sorority house with DirectTV, and enter "Queer Eye."



Also, a comment on the metro-sexual phenomenon: I absolutely love the idea, and seriously I do not know enough metro-sexuals. There is an unfortunate dearth of metro-sexuals in most college environments. (Not all, schools like NYU are pretty cool in this regard). One would think that the intellectual environment of the university (laughs) would influence men to embrace the metro-sexual within, but I think it is just too soon for most college-aged men.

No comments: