Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Best Film Quotes

AFI released another of its famed film lists, this time the top 100 Quotes from (U.S.) films.

These basically look like the most oft-repeated film quotes and not necessarily the best, for instance "Frankly Scarlet I don't give a damn" from Gone with the Wind, "Go ahead, make my day" from Sudden Impact, "May the Force be with you" from Star Wars, and "You talkin to me?" from Taxi Driver. As someone who loves Taxi Driver, I can tell you that there are many other lines more meaningful and pertinent to the film.

Then again, I wouldn't expect AFI to put to include this Taxi Driver line in their list:
"Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man. "

2 comments:

The Peter Files Blog of Comedy said...

From "The Man Who Came To Dinner"

Whitesides To Miss Preen. As memory has it, she is trying to take back a box of candy recently delivered to Whitesides on the basis that it is not healthy for him.

"My dear Miss Preen. My Great Aunt Alice ate an entire box of candy every day of her life. She lived to be One Hundred and TWO, and on the day she died, she looked BETTER than YOU do NOW!"

Elaine said...

Hahah, he is so mean to that poor nurse, but it is just so funny.