Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Julius Meinl in Chicago

Austrian Coffee and gourmet shop Julius Meinl has opened in Chicago. I walked by it in Southport a bit more than a month ago when a friend and I were walking around in that neighborhood, an area which I really like. Anyway, the place struck me as familiar...hadn't I seen it in Vienna when I was there in late October? Wasn't it the huge gourmet and coffee store that I entered, only to cower between its intimidating aisles of high-priced food and chocolate.


There really was one in Austria! I wasn't making it up!

Well, now that it's here in Chicago, I must check it out. I don't expect it to remind me of Vienna, since it looks like it's in one of those new red brick structures that so clutter Chicago, but I do expect a good cup of coffee.

3 comments:

Steph said...

where's your Sandra Day O'Connor posting?!?! Your fans await...

Elaine said...

I just got back from work!! But yes, I was dying to write something all day.

Elaine said...

Wow, I didn't realize it had been there that long (relatively, as you say).