Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Today on the train I was sitting in front of possibly the loudest phone-talker I've ever heard. By the time she got off at Diversey, the whole train car had learned that this girl "just kissed! no tongue!" some guy is "non-committal right now"--just dating around, and that she "only has eyes" for the lucky man with whom she was speaking. There was more divulgent information, but sadly I forget it now.

I just don't understand who these people are who talk so loud. Was she deaf? Exhibitionist? Oblivious?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not have an answer to your question as to who these people are but I experienced nearly the same thing once.

After talking, means screaming, in the phone for like 5 minutes it startet ringing, yeah ringing! The person in question left the tram at the next stop, hilarious!

Elaine said...

Wow, that is a really funny story. I wonder if that guy was nuts? I always thought talking loudly in public on the cell was an American thing because I didn't notice it a whole lot in France...maybe the French just talk softer. What about Germans?

Elaine said...

P.S. the first time I saw cell phones all over the place was actually when I was in Germany visiting your high school back in 2000, but mostly people used text messaging it seemed.