Tuesday, June 28, 2005

...Just don't bring it to the workplace

I love the extent to which people go to assure that they do not care about what you do in your personal life. Speicfically, I am thinking of supervisors in workplace settings or people who lead worker orientations.

I guess the man who is director of the daycamp that my brother works with is like this. He'll assure you that you can feel free to do what you will in your free time, so long as you don't bring any of it into camp.

In the spirit of this, I wrote a little script for the supervisor who wants to make sure that employees get the message:

"I don't care what you do outside of camp, just don't bring it here. You can snort cocaine off of a 5 cent whore for all I care, but keep it out of these campgrounds. You can rob a bank, use the money to throw a raging kegger every night of the week where you shoot up heroin and engage in massive orgies, so long as you don't bring it into the area bounded by the lake on the East, the harbor on the south, Micigan ave. on the west, and the sailing beach on the north between the hours of 9 and 3 from Monday-Friday."

No comments: