Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Little Black Dress

I need this dress.



It is the most practical yet subtly chic style ever. Epitomized famously by Audrey Hepburn

(whose films I like, except for Breakfast at Tiffany's which is supremely overrated, and who has a blasphemous yet ballsy article written about her worth as a style icon here, "Audrey Hepburn: Fashion Icon or Style Tyrant?")

this dress is a classic. And I need one by Thursday, as I will be going to a dinner for which it would be perfect. Damn my lacking the basics.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Try Banana Republic or Ann Taylor for your dress. They should be having sales now.

Elaine said...

Sadly I couldn't find anything...Well Ann Taylor had something for $202.00 (I was at Old Orchard today)--too high for me. I didn't make it down to Banana Republic becuase I was way too tired of shopping by then, but oI couldn't find a dress of the type online. There were a lot of sales at all of the stores though. Great one at Express.