Sunday, July 17, 2005

Blog with health care system analyses

I found a really excellent website that touches on health care issues while debating my friend on the issue (European v. American health care). It's written by a guy named Ezra Klein, and it takes me back to my wonderful Health Policy program in Paris where I was immersed in this stuff.

America's health system is bad. It's no more complicated than that. We pay more for services, we pay more for drugs, we don't cover all our citizens, we have sky-high administrative costs, we have massive disparities in care, and we can't control costs. Restructuring health care isn't about -- at least not solely -- covering the uninsured, it's about creating a more sensible, logical, manageable, affordable, and usable health system.

No comments: