Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Pet Peeve

This evening as I was walking from the train station to my house, I heard a loud noise and I thought, oh no, a motorcycle. I hate motorcycles, because they are obscenely loud. With all of the necessary noise that most of us have to endure everyday--noise from ambulances, trains and buses, loud people talking on cell phones--a totally unnecessary noisemaking vehicle like a motorcycle should be banned.

However, the loud noises I encountered on my walk home were coming from three identical Suburus driven by several teenagers. Having gone to a high school where you were probably in the minority if you didn't have a car at age 16, my other pet peeve is loud, obnoxious teenagers driving cars. In an age when we have technology to make driving a pleasant, relatively quiet experience, why must people drive obnoxious vehicles?

No comments: