Thursday, July 28, 2005

Cereality

Yesterday my fellow intern and I walked over to Cereality, a "cereal bar and cafe" on 100 S. Wacker, basically on the intersection of Monroe and the Chicago River. Cereality kind of treats cereal as ice cream, as it offers a wide variety of toppings to complement your cereal choices. Like newer ice cream franchises (Coldstone, Marble Slab), Cereality offers a few of their own creations such as the PB+B Crunch with Cap'n Crunch cereal, Peanut Butter Bumpers, raisins, bananas, and lots of chocolate. You can also make your own treat: I mixed Rice Chex, Peanut Butter Bumpers (which I had never heard of, but hey) and malted milk balls (chopped up). It was pretty delectable.

One warning I will give about Cereality: it is not the best stop for lunch unless you are big on sweets. After we left, we had to get a small protein packed snack to balance out all of that sugar! If anything, Cereality is a good dessert stop.

No comments: